11.22.2014

Crustless Zucchini Quiche

Crustless Zucchini Quiche

Quiche is one of my favorite brunch dishes but it's also great for dinner with soup or salad.  It's just so easy to make.  It's even easier when it's a crustless version.  I've actually never made one with a crust because I don't really feel it needs it.  It tastes great as is without the extra work or calories.   

I tried many quiche recipes before creating this one.  I found a lot of recipes produced a very thin quiche and I like a hearty looking quiche. So mine calls for a lot of eggs and cheese.  However, it makes for a nice quiche that can serve a group.  

I always use a mix of different kinds of cheese.  I find this helps create a nice rich flavor.  I shred my own cheese using a food processor and I use a mix of mozarellamonterey jack, gouda and parmesan. I also use leeks in all my quiches.  Leeks just make everything delicious! Last tip I have to share...make your quiche in a pie plate.  It will create a beautiful looking quiche.  Try out the recipe and let me know how you like it.  Feel free to replace the zucchini with other veggies.  I've used mushrooms too and it's yummy! Here's the recipe.


Crustless Zucchini Quiche


Ingredients

  • 12 Eggs
  • 4 C. Shredded cheese (I use a mix of monterey jack, mozzarella, gouda & parmesan)
  • 3 Zucchini, shredded
  • 1/2 Large Spanish onion, diced
  • 1 Bunch leeks, sliced (white and light green parts)

Cooking Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit
  2. Cook the zucchini, onions and leeks in olive oil until the onions and leeks are translucent
  3. Mix the eggs, cheese, zucchini, onions and leeks together
  4. Add salt and pepper 
  5. Pour into a 10 inch pie plate
  6. Bake for 35 minutes

Happy cooking,
Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs